Export / import scheduled tasks from / to SBM

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
ercete
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Export / import scheduled tasks from / to SBM

Postby ercete » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Hello

I created a profile, uploaded it with the "scheduled task import" to the SBM Service and linked it to a group.
I now connect with another user (associated to the group) on another computer.
Typing Ctrl+F5 and the profile is correctly imported but : no trace of the scheduled task.

I'm wondering how I can export the scheduled task associated with the profile on my client.

Thanks

Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Export / import scheduled tasks from / to SBM

Postby Dave Wilkins » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:11 pm

I suspect it's a case of, the Task was Exported from SBMS with the profile OK, but Import of the Task to the new client failed because the Windows password of that user (to embed in that local copy of the Task) wasn't supplied (or couldn't be prompted for). Obviously we can't specify the Windows password for that user (or 'every user' if more than one) as part of the Export from SBMS, as we don't know what it is ('they are').

How was the profile Imported? Was it a foreground instance of Pro or (e.g.) on a Schedule?

Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Dave Wilkins » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Belay that last question, sorry (obviously it was a foreground instance, if you pressed Ctrl+F5)

As far as I know, you should have been prompted for the Windows password during the process. Can you confirm you were not prompted?

Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Dave Wilkins » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:37 am

Update: there's simply no mechanism for prompting for the user's password on profile (thus, Scheduled Task) Import from SBMS, given that it's highly likely that in real life, any such Import of a new profile might take place during an unattended run (for example, while the program is running an earlier-configured Scheduled profile), so the process is 'silent'. (There's also the issue of 'what happens if the password - if used/stored - expires in 30/60/90 days' anyway...)

Only Scheduled Tasks that do not require the password to be stored (either 'Run only when logged in' or 'Run whether logged in or not' but with the 'Do not store password' option also set) will Import with a profile that is broadcast by / retrieved from SBMS.

Return to “SBM Service and Console”