Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup failure. Helppp!

Do not post questions here! For reporting errors or missing information in help files, translations, documentation, etc. for all 2BrightSparks software and the web site.
nevesn

Backup failure. Helppp!

Post by nevesn »

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue where every time i try to backup select folders the backup fails. I get this message:

\ATB ACCOUNTABILITY\ATB File tbd\ The XXXXXXXXX folder has been ignored because it already exists as \ATB ACCOUNTABILITY\ATB File TBD\

\PO MERGE\DSC - DOCTORS-SUBCONTRACTORS\BTO\Mansfield\ The XXXXXXXXX folder has been ignored because it already exists as \PO MERGE\DSC - DOCTORS-SUBCONTRACTORS\BTO\CITY\

If i modify the backup to not backup these locations it works fine. Why would these folder cause the backup to fail?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Backup failure. Helppp!

Post by cliffhanger »

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... en-ignored

Note: you're posting in a section that says ('above the doorway')

Help files, documentation, translations, etc.
Do not post questions here! For reporting errors or missing information in help files, translations, documentation, etc. for all 2BrightSparks software and the web site

Unfortunately, you haven't stated your software 'model' (nor the version x.x.x.x either) so no-one knows where to move it to...
nevesn

Post by nevesn »

Sorry about that! Im on Version V5.20.0 , I've tried to upgrade to 6 but it downloads 7 automatically and wants me to buy a new license.
Is there anything we can do in this current version to fix the issue im having?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

V5.20.0.0 of what? SE or Pro? (They're separate sections...). Bear in mind my account can't move them anyway, but by not quoting it in first place you might have missed the chance of an admin moving it. You might also be hamstringing any hope of support given that SE and Pro may have differing capabilities in whatever respect is relevant.

Anyhow....(assuming you did follow the earlier link / read the KB article?) there's nothing SB can do about your situation but warn you. You would need to resolve the 'same folder, different case, in same path' issue; either rename at least one of them by at least one different character (not counting case), or merge both their contents into one of them and delete the other.

Re the version number, there's a topic at the top of both the SE & Pro forum sections with a link inside to the latest V6, but I've no idea if your V5 license would qualify for free upgrade to V6 (i.e, 'work'...depends when V5 license purchased), and AFAIK you can't buy a V6 license any more if it doesn't. An upgrade to V7 will attract a charge, yes (see link in previous sentence). You should note that official support is now ended for both V5 & V6 - plus the majority of any users reading anything you post will be running a current edition, so unlikely to respond in respect of an old one.