Question about Intelligent syncronization

Do not post questions here! For reporting errors or missing information in help files, translations, documentation, etc. for all 2BrightSparks software and the web site.
reachesfar

Question about Intelligent syncronization

Post by reachesfar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:59 pm

I'm currently using the free version SyncBackFree V8.6.3.0.

I want to upgrade to SyncBackPro but I have a question about how Intelligent Syncronization will work.
Here's an example of what I think it will do but want to check and make sure:

I back up from my desktop to an external hard drive.
I have a folder on my desktop that has jpg files in it. I create a new folder and move a jpg file in that folder to another folder. When I back up to the external drive, will it know to not only back up the new folder, but also remove the file on the external drive that was in the original folder?
Hope this makes sense.

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Question about Intelligent syncronization

Post by Swapna » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:59 am

Hi,
I have a folder on my desktop that has jpg files in it. I create a new folder and move a jpg file in that folder to another folder. When I back up to the external drive, will it know to not only back up the new folder, but also remove the file on the external drive that was in the original folder?
Yes, the default settings of an Intelligent Sync profile copies the file to the new folder on destination and removes that file from the older folder on destination. In addition, please note that the Intelligent Sync profile has an option to detect file renames/moves i.e. if a file is moved to a new folder on Source then the Sync profile detects this and moves the same file to a new folder on destination (instead of deleting and recopying the file). For additional details, read this forum post:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=12189

Thank you

reachesfar

Re: Question about Intelligent syncronization

Post by reachesfar » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Thank You!