Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Suggestion : copy only pdf files not OCRed ?

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
hectors

Suggestion : copy only pdf files not OCRed ?

Post by hectors »

Hello,
Could you add a way for SyncBack to copy only pdf files that have not been OCRed ?

I am asking this because I blocked ! ;( I want to be able to search in my archives keyword(s) inside all my pdf files (with for instance Copernic Desktop Pro). Problem: they are not all OCRed. I need to first copy those not OCRed in a new folder (so then I will be able to OCR them - more on that later ;) ).

Thanks in advance for any help. ;)
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Suggestion : copy only pdf files not OCRed ?

Post by Dave Wilkins »

How do you suggest we distinguish OCR'd files from those not yet OCR'd?

There are already options to detect most file attribute flags and not copy them. It may be that you can arrange for the OCR software to set an attribute, but that is unlikely to help you if some files have bee processed already (and no attribute set)

Modify > Expert > Compare Options > Attributes is where you would set it to skip anything you could inaugurate to tell the files apart.
hectors

Re: Suggestion : copy only pdf files not OCRed ?

Post by hectors »

Hello,
How do you suggest we distinguish OCR'd files from those not yet OCR'd?
I don't know !
Thanks