Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

CANCEL action while modifying a profile

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
DanD

CANCEL action while modifying a profile

Post by DanD »

I'm very new to this product and have searched the forum for CANCEL but haven't found anything similar.
I don't know if this is the correct location to put this as it may be a bug or it could just be a future consideration for enhancement. If this is the wrong place please direct me to the correct forum.

While I'm in the MODIFY windows of a profile, if I hit the CANCEL button I am still presented with a pop-up saying "The next profile run will scan both Source and Destination". Personally, I believe this to be an inappropriate action for "CANCEL" but that could be construed differently by the developers.

PS. I too am a software developer (although of mainframe software) and hope to enjoy a great relationship with this company. You have an excellent and versatile product.

Cheers,
Dan
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: CANCEL action while modifying a profile

Post by Dave Wilkins »

You're obviously using a Fast Backup profile, and there is always a check when these close whether the profile is set to Rescan Destination next run (if so, you are warned/reminded as you describe)

If you only just created the profile, it will happen.
If you changed any settings that will force this, it will happen.
If you changed any settings last time you Modified the profile (but haven't run it since), it will happen.

Clicking Cancel does not re-set any existing setting to perform a Rescan next run (nothing will). The only way to reset that, once a Rescan is triggered - or is set because the profile has never been run at all yet - is to run the profile. And if that setting is stored in the profile, it will always warn/remind you if you Modify it, even if you change nothing and Cancel out
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: CANCEL action while modifying a profile

Post by Dave Wilkins »

BTW, yes, this is the wrong forum, as you're obviously taking about an existing 2BS product - if you clarify whether you are using SE or Pro (there is a forum for each) I'll move it for you :)