Automated vs Scheduled Sync

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
Stan

Automated vs Scheduled Sync

Post by Stan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Using SyncBackSE v8.2.8.0 in an environment that requires 'immediate' file sync. Using both bi-directional Intelligent Synchronization and scheduled sync. Question is do both need to be configured? Appears that when the user places a file in source directory the change is not viewed at target for up to 4 minutes later.

It is over a network connection between RTP in NC to hosting facility in DC area so I'm factoring in latency. Scheduled sync's are 2 minutes for one connection, 5 minutes for all others (running concurrently). During the scheduled sync, newly changed files are being injected so I'm thinking there is a conflict resolution between source/target and injected changed files. Am I far off the mark?

I've used sync software before and not had any issues but never performed the sync's with such a small interval. Before I go back and 'told you so' to the source, just want to confirm my suspicion first.

Thank you,
Stan

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Automated vs Scheduled Sync

Post by Swapna » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:33 am

Hi,

To better assist you, please submit a support ticket to support@2brightsparks.com with your profile configuration.

Thank you.