Native MAC support pleease!

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products

Native MAC support pleease!

Postby pszilard » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Can you PLEASE develop SyncBackPro for Mac OS X "natively", so we could backup files on a Mac to a NAS (AFP or SMB protocol), without needing any Windows component?

I need to backup around 6TB of video production files from my Thunderbolt connected drive to a 20TB NAS, however any program that I am aware of, insists on reading the entire files set on the NAS for every time it runs. I would LOVE a SyncBack "Fastbackup" option so that only changed files would be backed up, based on a local history database, rather than reading the 1 million files on the target every time! My backup set is never altered by anyone else, so this would be a perfect scenario for Syncback.

Macs are a significant computing segment, especially in the Media Production arena, and I am sure that Mac users would provide a most profitable market for selling SynbackMac to. Don't miss out from servicing Mac users! Please.

Return to “Ideas and general discussion”