Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Share settings of a backup to multiple destinations

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
MichaelVidelgauz

Share settings of a backup to multiple destinations

Post by MichaelVidelgauz »

Searching forum for "multiple destinations" I have found topic Is your backup really a backup?

So I see I am not alone to backup same sources to multiple destinations (not a big surprise). But now I am interested how those 3 backup profiles "Daily Backup - 2nd Drive", "Daily Backup - USB", and "Daily Backup - Network" of user EricB2 are configured. Specifically, how path filters of 3 profiles are being kept in sync (and I suppose that since they all backup the same sources all 3 filter sets should be the same). I am not that accurate as EricB2 is, I am making backups to 2 destinations only. Still, it is a pain for me to mirror changes I do in one profile to another profile. (Yes, I know I can fully configure and test one profile and then clone it and change only destination path, but even after I have it done I need to review/change original configuration quite often).

So here are my 2 questions/ideas:
1. Is there a way to share filters and/or other settings between two (or more) profiles?
2. Is it possible to develop a possibility to have multiple target (right) paths in a single backup profile?

Thank you!
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Share settings of a backup to multiple destinations

Post by mickyj »

Hi,

1. SyncBack has shared settings on many of the settings pages, but you can't share filters.

2. Short answer is no. You can set the destination path via the command line (or by using variables) but you cannot have multiple destinations.
MichaelVidelgauz

Re: Share settings of a backup to multiple destinations

Post by MichaelVidelgauz »

Thank you mickyj for your answers!