Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Forum Registration / Board Browser Issue

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
DrRon

Forum Registration / Board Browser Issue

Post by DrRon »

Hello, I'm new today and have a question that is general so here it is.

I'm running XP and IE8.
I couldn't get your registration form to work no matter what so I tried it in Chrome. Success!
I went back to IE8 to login, got on to the board and was promptly logged out.
I couldn't get on the board no matter what.
So, back to Chrome. Success!

Is there something in your system blocking IE8 for logon?

I appreciate any help even though this is not a suggestion it might not only be my problem.
Thanks,
Ron
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Forum Registration / Board Browser Issue

Post by Dave Wilkins »

No IE blocking, and no-one else reporting any such thing (TBOMK) since IE8 was released (or before). Sounds like something glitching in your particular install of it, sorry. You could try updating to IE9 or 10? Otherwise use Google, FireFox, etc

Note this forum uses standard phpBB software, as do thousands of others
gdeane

Post by gdeane »

I've recently had a similar problem on this site. Using Win7-64bit with IE9.

I normally remain logged in as a user and am set to automatically log on. This will normally show that I'm logged on and my user name and which forum posts are new and unread with a tick mark.

About a week ago, all this was lost. I don't think it was anything I did beyond navigating to different forums (but who knows). Despite repeated attempts to log on and apparent success messages, I was only ever shown as being logged on in the main forum index page. All child pages showed no users as being logged on (all shown as guests). Also the panel on the top LHS displayed a log in user name & password prompt instead of the usual 'Logout [username]' in the User Control Panel on the bottom LHS.

I tried the 'delete all board cookies' link without success. Today I manually deleted all cookies that contained the text '2brightsparks'. I have now logged on successfully and all is working as normal again.

Garry
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Dave Wilkins »

These do seem to be two different issues (DrRon couldn't log in at all with IE but could with Chrome, gdeane could do so (with IE), but it didn't 'persist' onto other pages. But I suppose they may be related. It's not really my area, but DrRon could try what gdeane mentioned re cookies? Maybe an odd glitch (corrupt cookie?) that only trips up IE?

I'll also flag this up to the web guru. But right now it does seem to be a couple of 'edge cases', not even the exact same issues, so it could be hard to track...
DrRon

Post by DrRon »

Well, I'm back with IE 8 after deleting all cookies and temporary internet cache files.
I'm not sure what brought the issue on but it seems to be resolved.
I do use LastPass as my password manager and had it set to log me in automatically. I had to disable that function until the cookies and cache problem was resolved, then re-enable auto-login.

Seems like Chrome simply didn't have the temporary files and cookies set since IE 8 is my preferred browser.