Password forgoten

DeleteOnClick, EncryptOnClick, FindOnClick, HashOnClick, PatchOnClick, ScrambleOnClick, UndeleteOnClick
Drna

Password forgoten

Postby Drna » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:04 am

hi everybody, i have a problème with Encryptonclick i have encrypt my folder that contains many subfolder and i forgot the password of this encryption.

help me please i don't have any idea about how to resolve this problematic.

Thank youf for the help.

Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Password forgoten

Postby Dave Wilkins » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Sorry, but we have no way of unlocking your password.

You can only perhaps cast your mind back to the day when you originally encrypted the files and slowly and systematically enter potential passwords you may have tried.

We try to make very sure users understand they must keep a record of their EncryptOnClick passwords. Our site and help file state:

"Note that you are entirely responsible for remembering the passwords you use when encrypting your files with EncryptOnClick. 2BrightSparks Pte Ltd cannot tell you what your password is if you forget it, and we have no method for retrieving lost or forgotten passwords."

Note that you are not restricted to decrypting the file/s with EncryptOnClick - you can use most modern Zip utilities - just point the utility at the EOC file/s. But the Zip utility will ask you for the password just the same...

Return to “OnClick Utilities”