EncryptOnClick can't decrypt

DeleteOnClick, EncryptOnClick, FindOnClick, HashOnClick, PatchOnClick, ScrambleOnClick, UndeleteOnClick
svendsvin

EncryptOnClick can't decrypt

Postby svendsvin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:45 pm

Out of the blue my encrypted folder war turned into a .edc file. When I decrypt it it becomes a .eoc file that also asks for decryption and when doing that it becomes a .edc file again. What can I do to get my folder back?

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: EncryptOnClick can't decrypt

Postby Swapna » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:43 am

Hi,

Please note that the files (or folders) encrypted by EncryptOnClick program has a .EOC extension, but it does not create any files with .edc extension. You can refer to EncryptOnClick help file for more details. Probably, that .edc file was generated by a different tool or 3rd party program, like this:

https://www.file-extensions.org/edc-file-extension

So, you have to first decrypt that .edc files using the application that encrypted it, and then use EncryptOnClick software to encrypt it if required.

Thank you.

svendsvin

Re: EncryptOnClick can't decrypt

Postby svendsvin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Hmmm... Very embarrassing but thanks a lot. I was quite sure I had deleted all Kryptel encrypted files and folders. Apparently I had not :oops: . Reinstalling Kryptel decrypted my folder so everything should be ready for EncryptOnClick.

Return to “OnClick Utilities”