Cannot decrypt files

DeleteOnClick, EncryptOnClick, FindOnClick, HashOnClick, PatchOnClick, ScrambleOnClick, UndeleteOnClick
Bazz

Cannot decrypt files

Postby Bazz » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I cannot open any of my encrypted files. I do not know if it is related but I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have upgraded previous WIndows versions without any problems and was not anticipating any this time. The error I get is "Library not registered"

This is going to be a major problem for me if I cannot recover from this.

I have searched the forum for that message but cannot find anything.

Really desperate and hoping someone here can help.

Thank you.
Regards,
Barry.

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Cannot decrypt files

Postby cliffhanger » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:36 pm

Try uninstalling/re-installing EncryptOnClick. Sounds like your Windows update trod on the existing registry entry for the compression/encryption component EOC uses. A re-install may well re-register it successfully.

If that doesn't help, post back to say so, plus any more detail you have (for example, does the error message state which library?) and hopefully someone from 2BS will pick it up tomorrow (it's 03:30 16th there right now).

Note: uninstall of EOC will not affect your actual encrypted data files in any way, and as per this post, you can decrypt such files without EOC if you have a suitable Zip (etc) utility that can handle the encryption type EOC uses. All you need is a suitable utilty and the correct password/s (though you might need to process them one-by-one - it depends if the other utility offers any 'batch' processing)

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Postby cliffhanger » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:45 pm

PS: if you do need to post back, suggest also include more detail about old/new Windows versions (Home, Pro, etc) and whether 32 or 64 bit Windows. It may be useful if they need to discuss 'registry entries' with you.

Bazz

Postby Bazz » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks Cliffhanger,

I was tempted to do that but wanted to check if there was a known problem. Anyway, downloading and re-installing worked.

Thank you so much.
Regards,
Barry.

Return to “OnClick Utilities”