Delete On Click - Right Click?

DeleteOnClick, EncryptOnClick, FindOnClick, HashOnClick, PatchOnClick, ScrambleOnClick, UndeleteOnClick
bcole1999

Delete On Click - Right Click?

Postby bcole1999 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:41 pm

I used to use Delete-on-Click on my 32-bit laptop with Microsoft Vista operating system. I could just right click and then choose options such as "Securely Delete."

I just installed the software on my 64-bit PC with Windows 8 and I do not see the option on the right click. When I look in the Delete-on-Click folder, I see the DOCERB executable, and when I click it, the program starts to securely delete the Recycle Bin. So, the program is working in some ways, but not in other ways....

Is there a special 64-bit version that I should be installing instead in order to get the right click options? I saw a thread announcing a 64-bit pilot version below, but the link was dead.

Any guidance anyone could provide would be most appreciated.

-ben

Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Delete On Click - Right Click?

Postby Conrad Chung » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:55 am

Hi, I'm on Windows 8 with 64-bit OS myself, but I can still see the Securely Delete option when I right-click on files.

Maybe you had a corrupted install of DOC?

Try uninstalling it and re-installing it again by downloading a copy of it here:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/software/DeleteOnClick_Setup.exe

Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Delete On Click - Right Click?

Postby Conrad Chung » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:05 am

By the way, have you actually tried to reboot your Windows? This is because extra Explorer context menu options will usually only appear after you do (and the registry is re-loaded).

Bear in mind that the DOC installer will auto-install a 64-bit version on x64 Windows (you don’t need a separate installer). You can check the install folder to see if it's there, which should be the main Program Files branch (not the ‘(x86)’ variant which is only used for 32-bit s/w).

Some additional info - if you wish to use the dual Wipe Free Disk Space options, you will need to enter the license details via the OnClick license manager (or, via an OnClick applet that has built-in license-handling, e.g. FindOnClick). You'll also need to reboot afterwards.

More info here:
http://www.2brightsparks.com/tutorials/ ... ers/4.html

Return to “OnClick Utilities”