ScrambleOnClick

DeleteOnClick, EncryptOnClick, FindOnClick, HashOnClick, PatchOnClick, ScrambleOnClick, UndeleteOnClick
rkg82

ScrambleOnClick

Postby rkg82 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:09 pm

I would like to move ScrambleOnClick to a new machine. How can I transfer the encryption key list in order to avoid having to manually copy passwords?

Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: ScrambleOnClick

Postby Dave Wilkins » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:41 am

Try porting over

"C:\Users\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\2BrightSparks\OnClickUtilities\socsettings.dat"

(assuming you are using a modern version of Windows - above is for Win 8 x64). Search for 'socsettings.dat' if not

Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Dave Wilkins » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:06 am

Follow-up: I got a chance to try it on a VM that didn't previously have SOC, and it worked fine.

Note that the path I gave you seems anomalous in that I shouldn't actually have such a folder

C:\Users\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\2BrightSparks\OnClickUtilities\socsettings.dat

(not sure how I got one!) and it is more likely

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\2BrightSparks\OnClickUtilities\socsettings.dat

On checking host ('old') PC, I had a zero-byte copy in that 2nd location, too, which the program clearly wasn't using (hence 0 bytes). In any case, pasting the 'live' .dat file from 'unusual' location on host to 'usual' location on the VM worked fine. (Note: I renamed the default empty .dat file on target PC first, just in case, but all seems to work fine afterwards. SOC should be closed during the 'transplant' stage, of course)

rkg82

Postby rkg82 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 am

Porting over the socsettings.dat file worked fine, thanks for the help.

Return to “OnClick Utilities”