FindOnClick bug report

DeleteOnClick, EncryptOnClick, FindOnClick, HashOnClick, PatchOnClick, ScrambleOnClick, UndeleteOnClick
stevenvh
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

FindOnClick bug report

Postby stevenvh » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:13 pm

When I want to search files with different extensions like *.php, *.css and *.inc the search is not correctly executed. In the filename filter I enter "*.php *.css *.inc", but *.css files aren't searched. The explanation is in the title bar of the results window. It says

filename matches "*.php" OR "*.css *.inc" OR "*.inc"

instead of

filename matches "*.php" OR "*.css" OR "*.inc"

Of course "*.css *.inc" doesn't match any file.

stevenvh
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: FindOnClick bug report

Postby stevenvh » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:15 pm

BTW, FindOnClick is version 2.3.0.1

stevenvh
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby stevenvh » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:34 pm

I did some further testing, with more than 3 filename patterns, and it appears that only the first and last are interpreted correctly. For the patterns in between the patterns are always being combined.

This means that searching multiple patterns doesn't work at all if the filename filter contains more than 2 (two) patterns.

Frankly, IMO this is something which should have been tested during development. I'm looking forward to a fix for this.

Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Dave Wilkins » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Odd. Yes, I'll report that. (I tried it with spaces and using OR actually as a separator, and it still concatenates 2 & 3 as term-2).

Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Dave Wilkins » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:03 am

Hi, try this. Please let us know either way, but works fine for me using your search parameters, and also using

*.docx *.xlsx *.mdb *.txt

It's working fine for me using spaces between and also using OR as separators. Please test with drives and paths, but both/all work fine for me.

Return to “OnClick Utilities”