Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Windows vs. Windows 10 styles

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Windows vs. Windows 10 styles

Post by bhenshaw »

What are the differences between the Windows and Windows 10 styles. Is it just the new colors that were added or are there other differences? I looked in the FAQ's on the web site and in the program Help, but couldn't find anything on this.

Thanks,
Bill
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Re: Windows vs. Windows 10 styles

Post by bhenshaw »

Any help would be much appreciated. I am really just wondering why there are two styles listed... Windows and Windows 10. What are the differences? Why would I use one rather than the other?

Thanks,
Bill
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

The icons/graphics and buttons are different in Windows and Windows10 (or Window10 Dark) styles as styling is removed in Windows mode. One important difference you notice in Windows mode is, the Shared Settings menu, Search, Help options are not available on the caption bar on the profile’s modification page. Therefore, to view help file you can either press F1 or click on Help button at the bottom of the Modify page. For Search, select the Search tab from the left panel on the Modify page. And for Shared Settings, click on the Shared Settings button on the top left corner of the Modify page (next to burger menu).

Thank you.
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

Thanks for the reply. This helps me understand what the differences are. Should this be documented in the Help somewhere? Or in the web site FAQs?

You mention:
For Search, select the Search tab from the left panel on the Modify page. And for Shared Settings, click on the Shared Settings button on the top left corner of the Modify page (next to burger menu).
I am not seeing this. Where is the button? I have included a screenshot of what my Modify window looks like. I don't see this button.

Thanks,
Bill
Attachments
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (84.55 KiB) Viewed 26014 times
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

I attached screenshots showing the Search tab and Shared Settings button. Note you can share the settings on the following profile settings pages, hence the Shared Settings button is visible only on these profile setting pages:
Auto-close
Backup of email
Cloud
Emailing the log
FTP
Network
Variables
When, Program
Zip filter

Thank you
Attachments
Shared Settings.png
Shared Settings.png (76.86 KiB) Viewed 25997 times
search.png
search.png (44.86 KiB) Viewed 25997 times
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

@Swapna

Thanks for the explanation. I see how it works now.

Bill