Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Suggestions for Group Profiles

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
kevinw

Suggestions for Group Profiles

Post by kevinw »

Hi, would it be possible to add the functionality to...

a) Disable and enable profiles at the group level? All of my group profiles are scheduled. At the moment, unless I'm missing something, I can only enable and disable the group by enabling and disabling the task in Windows Scheduler (or by enabling/disabling the profiles within the group). It would be much easier if I could do it within Syncback at the group level.

and

b) Email execution results at the group level. Again, AFAICS I can only send an email telling me the result for individual profiles. It would be good if I could set this up at the group level so I get a single email telling me the execution result of each of the profiles that make up the group.

(Cue someone telling me I can do one or both of these already and I just haven't realised it!)

Thanks.

Kevin
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Suggestions for Group Profiles

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I will forward your requests to the relevant department for their consideration.

Thank you.
kevinw

Post by kevinw »

Thanks.

Kevin
kostermw

Post by kostermw »

I second to this. Would be very helpful to send log result at group level indeed.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Another request for group profiles, on the main display window, is it possible to add the overall Result of the "Group Profile" in the Result column ?
I would assume, that "Aborted" takes precedence over "Failure" and all sub profiles must have "Success" before the group result is "Success".

This would save having to continuously expand and shrink the groups, to look at the sub profile results.

Also to add the "LAst Successfull Run" for group profiles.

For all profiles, additional columns would be useful. To display any of the variables which are available in the eMail functionality.
All columns could be optional, and position selectable ( Drag drop ?? )

Thanks again, Shaun
SyncBackSE 10.2.49
Julian758

Post by Julian758 »

Is there a way to manage profile activation within groups more conveniently? Currently I can only enable/disable groups by adjusting tasks in Windows Scheduler or toggling individual profiles. It would streamline things if Syncback allowed group-level activation/deactivation directly within its interface.
anna67

Post by anna67 »

Julian758 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:10 am
Is there a way to manage profile activation within groups more conveniently? Currently I can only enable/disable groups by adjusting tasks in Windows Scheduler or toggling individual profiles. It would streamline things if Syncback allowed group-level activation/deactivation directly within its interface.
hi
i dont think that syncback yet offer direct group level activation or deactivation within its surface..