Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Rescue plan for an ailing HDD

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
xyz6662

Rescue plan for an ailing HDD

Post by xyz6662 »

I have an SSD for OS (Windows 10 Home) and apps, and an internal Seagate 3TB HDD for data. As has happened with many of the 3TB Seagate HDDs, mine is starting to fail. I also have a 4TB WD Blue as my backup drive. Trying to run the last incremental backup from my Seagate has been running for 32 hours and only 25% done. I suspect a bunch of file RW errors are torturing the SyncBack program. I want to mirror the Seagate to my WD with as much good data as possible, and I'll pickup the rest off of my NAS drive which was my backup drive until it filled up. I'm interested in any suggestions for the proper SyncBackSE profile configuration that will get me the most good data in the least amount of time. Thank you in advance for your input!

- DK