Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Question about Versioning

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
patbateman

Question about Versioning

Post by patbateman »

Hello there,

I am looking to upgrade Syncback, but I have a question about versioning. The main reason I am interested in versioning is to prevent a couple things.

- Accidental deletions that can be recovered
- In the unlikely scenario where a disgruntled employee decides to delete files off of our network drive. There is nothing crazy sensitive here, but I've seen people be petty before.

In the event of the latter situation happening and an employee decides to delete a parent folder that has a ton of child folders, is the process to recover relatively simple? I see the option of how the versioning is done - create a hidden folder, etc, but this seems like it would be a very tedious process to recover if this happened?

Thank you.