Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Virtual and Network drives

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
priand

Virtual and Network drives

Post by priand »

I 'd like to backup the content of a virtual drive (o:), created by Cryptomator, or even a simple mapped network drive. When I create a new profile, the drive is not visible in the file selection dialog. If I enter the path manually (like O:\), I get an error stating "Destination drive O: does not exist". The disk O: is visible from the Windows Explorer.
Any clue?
priand

Re: Virtual and Network drives

Post by priand »

Interestingly, when I use a mapped drive, it is not visible. But if I use the UNC path (\\192.168.1.x\myshare), then it is visible. Even though the mapped drive uses the exact same path...
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

HI, see this earlier similar topic

You may want to test the registry setting against a standard network resource to which you map a drive letter temporarily in Windows, and you will probably find it is only visible in SE with the registry setting enabled. However, the previous OP didn't seem to find an answer re the Cryptomator mapping issue, though there is no confirmation if the OP ever instead tried lowering the privileges SE asks for to see if that affects 'Cryptomator visibility'. I strongly suspect any incompatibility is privilege-related, but can't confirm a cure, only make the above/linked suggestions An easy way to test how something running without elevation will work is to install a temp copy of SB Free (as mentioned in the other thread)
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Sorry, should have mentioned 'see relevant KB article' also; there is a shortcut to it in the linked topic
priand

Post by priand »

Thanks for the reply. Can you please give me some pointers on what to check in the registry for the network resources, and what setting should be enabled?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

As already mentioned, there is a shortcut/link to the relevant KB article in the reply to the original poster 'eldaria' (i.e. in the thread arising from his original topic). Here is a direct link to the same KB article: https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335854

As I said before, there is a distinct possibility the reg fix may not help with reference to the virtual drive letter in which case I have no further suggestions, sorry.
priand

Post by priand »

Sorry, took me sometime to get back to this. I installed the free version, and it sees the Cryptomator drives. Really funny that less privileges give you access to more data :-) Is there a solution of should I stick with the free version?

Even for the KB issue, I believe that you guys should provide a fix as other softwares, like Total Commander, see all of them properly. I don't get why Syncback cannot.