Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Multiple Machine all need current version of files

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
be400

Multiple Machine all need current version of files

Post by be400 »

New to the forum, I am and wanted to know if the SE product would work for my situation I am windows 10 based with a desktop, laptop and Synology NAS (DS218+) and often working from remote locations (3 - 4 days a week) not always with the internet connections. I would like to have all three components with the same files so that I have a backup on the Synology and can work on either machine with the latest version of the files I am using. Is the SyncBackSE the best product for this and will it work with the Synology without issues. Thanks for the advice.
ChrisE

Re: Multiple Machine all need current version of files

Post by ChrisE »

I needed the same thing, I use multiple computers and some off site. The way that works for me is: I set up the profiles on every computer and run a backup every 30 - 50 minutes depending on the profiles I'm running. That way my NAS always (or almost always) has the latest files. I also have my computers run the profiles at start and shutdown. On the occasion where I'm on my laptop and want to finish working on my desktop, I just run the appropriate profile to move the file to the NAS and then run the desktop to move it to the desktop.