Always copy ALL files to destination

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
GrahamB

Always copy ALL files to destination

Postby GrahamB » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Trying to set up a profile that copies ALL the files from the source to the destination ALWAYS.
Regardless of time stamp, file sizes changes etc. This is because the source is a Novell Share mounted on a Windows server and although windows says the file is the same, it definitely is not.
Is there ANY way I can force SyncBack SE to perform a FULL copy everytime it runs? (FastBackup is not an option since I have multiple profiles copying the same directory).
I don't want to go back to .bat scripts. :P

Thank you for any advice.

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Always copy ALL files to destination

Postby Swapna » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 am

Hi,

SyncBack (by default) in each run scans source against destination and copies only new/changed files from source to destination. However, if you want SyncBack to copy all files from source to destination then you may have to enable the option "Delete ALL the files and folders in destination/right before scanning for changes" under:

Modify > Expert > Copy/Delete > Advanced settings page

Then SyncBack (in each run) will delete data on your destination before scanning for changes, and copies all files again from source to destination. As stated in the help file, you should be extremely careful with this option as you could very easily delete all your files. Also, please ensure that you don't enable the other option "Delete ALL the files and folders in Source before scanning for changes", otherwise SyncBack will delete all files from Source drive.

Please read the help file for more details on this option. With Copy/Delete > Advanced settings page opened, press F1 to open the contextual help.

Thank you.

Return to “SyncBackSE (commercial)”