After creating a "Mirror profile" with "Rapid save" option : How to tell SyncBack that FTP destination is up to date ?

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
fredjm31

After creating a "Mirror profile" with "Rapid save" option : How to tell SyncBack that FTP destination is up to date ?

Postby fredjm31 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:36 am

Hello.

I re-installed SyncBack SE.
I'm re-creating a Mirror Profile.
Destination is FTP without MDTDM command.
So, I've checked "Rapid Save" option in the profile.

The profile is new, but I know, the destination is up to date.
How can I tell that to SyncBack SE ?
If I can't, it trys to copy all files to destination at first run.

Thank you for advance.
Frederic.

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: After creating a "Mirror profile" with "Rapid save" option : How to tell SyncBack that FTP destination is up to date

Postby cliffhanger » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:50 am

Hi, by "Rapid Save" I guess you mean the option/settings normally referred to in the original English Help/interface as 'Fast Backup'.

Run your Fast Backup profile so that the Differences window appears, showing that the files on the FTP server appear to be different to the corresponding files on your Source. Make very sure* that all files listed are shown as present on both sides with suggested Action as Copy To Right/Destination, and then right-click the grid and click Select All from the pop-up menu. Next, right-click the grid again and select Unchanged from the pop-up menu. You can now click Continue, and instead of actually trying to copy the files, the profile will proceed to build & store a Fast Backup database of the files that records the details of the Destination files as having the same date (etc) as the Source copies. It therefore will not (re)copy files to the Destination unless/until the Source copies change their attributes, or you manually tell the profile to discard the database and build a new one (you click the Force Rescan button on the Fast Backup settings page) or conditions arise that Force Rescan automatically

* the Unchanged option only appears if the profile is set to make a Fast Backup, all the selected files are shown as being present on both sides already and all the selected files have their Action initially shown as Copy To Destination. If you have some files that are (for example) only on the Source at the time of the run, selecting a file present on 'one side only' then trying to set it to be Unchanged (in other word, 'same as file on other side') is inappropriate (because there is no file on the other side), and the Unchanged option will not be listed. Likewise, if you have some files on the FTP side only, and because the profile is a Mirror it wants to delete them, the Unchanged option will again not be available if such files are selected, because the option is inappropriate for such files. If you do have mixed-mode files (some on both sides, some on one side only, and so on), you cannot use Select All and you will instead need to cherry-pick as appropriate (select the required files on both sides and de-select those on one side only). You can use the usual Ctrl-click and Shift-click methods to de/select groups of files. Once you have only appropriate files selected, the option to set selected files as Unchanged will become available.

fredjm31

Re: After creating a "Mirror profile" with "Rapid save" option : How to tell SyncBack that FTP destination is up to date

Postby fredjm31 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:46 pm

It worked perfectly.
Thank you very much.

Return to “SyncBackSE (commercial)”