Possible to set retention period?

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
JoeTN

Possible to set retention period?

Postby JoeTN » Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 am

Hello forum

I would simply like to know how to define a retention period either in max GB or days for my backup profile. Is that possible?
I can't seem to find anything about it.

Regards
Joe

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Possible to set retention period?

Postby Swapna » Tue May 23, 2017 4:24 am

Hi,

Do you want SyncBack to automatically delete older files from your backup drive based on their age or size? If so, there is not inherent option/setting in SyncBack to delete older backups (its only possible to set a retention period for version files, but not for live backup files).

However, you can create a new 'Housekeeping' profile in SyncBack to delete older files/folders from your destination based on their last modification (or creation) date/time stamps. Then run that housekeeping profile as part of a Group which includes your main profile. Please read this forum post for more details on creating and configuring a housekeeping profile:

viewtopic.php?t=11761&p=45310#p45310

Thank you.

JoeTN

Re: Possible to set retention period?

Postby JoeTN » Tue May 23, 2017 9:08 am

Hello Swapna

Do you want SyncBack to automatically delete older files from your backup drive based on their age or size? If so, there is not inherent option/setting in SyncBack to delete older backups (its only possible to set a retention period for version files, but not for live backup files).

- Yup, that was exactly my intention, but I'm sad the see that it isn't doable - You should consider adding the functionality! :)

I'll look into the housekeeping profile options.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Joe

Return to “SyncBackSE (commercial)”