Win10, Scheduling Error: "The profile is already running or is due to run"

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
Rob Meades

Win10, Scheduling Error: "The profile is already running or is due to run"

Postby Rob Meades » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Since upgrading to Windows 10 all my SyncBackSE (v7.6.45.0) scheduled task groups have begun failing to run with the error "The profile is already running or is due to run.". I've checked and there is only one instance of each profile in the Task Scheduler library.

Any suggestions as to how I should fix this?

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Win10, Scheduling Error: "The profile is already running or is due to run"

Postby Swapna » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:13 am

Hi,

The error message:

The Profile is already running or is due to run

suggests that the previous instance of the profile was still running or haven't closed, when the new instance of SyncBackSE was called to execute the same profile. Then SyncBackSE will abort the current instance with the above error message (to avoid collisions).

The possible reasons are misconfiguration in your scheduler settings, scheduled the profile to run too frequently or if the previous instance of the profile was interrupted while running (by something else on your side) etc.,

To investigate further please submit a support zip with debug logs of the profile in-question by using the Contact Support links in this article for further investigation.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowledgebase/articles/213970-creating-a-debug-information-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.

Rob Meades

Postby Rob Meades » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:00 pm

OK, but the HTML log just shows:

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (39.79 KiB) Viewed 3182 times

...which isn't going to help you very much. Do I need to switch on extra logging somewhere, or is there a more detailed log stored somewhere else that I don't know about?

This is happening on all my schedules; they run once a day and take no more than a few hours to run, max. I know that SyncBackSE wasn't running at all beforehand because I "exit"ed from it myself to make sure.

Rob

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Swapna » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:38 am

Hi,

This KB article:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowledgebase/articles/213970-creating-a-debug-information-file

provides step-by-step instructions to enable debug mode and generate a support zip with debug information. Please follow these instructions and submit a support zip using the contact support links provided in that article for further investigation.

Thank you.

dartmin

Postby dartmin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:29 am

I have started having the same issues since the last update

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Swapna » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 am

Hi,

Please submit a support ticket to support@2brightsparks.com with your profile configuration for further investigation.

Thank you.

Rob Meades

Postby Rob Meades » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:06 pm

I think I have now figured out what the problem was in my case. Confused by the Task Scheduler GUI, I had not realised that there were in fact two quite separate copies of all my profiles. One set was visible when the top-level "Task Scheduler Library" was selected and then there was another set, with identical names, inside the "2BrightSparks" group. I had been deleting the ones under 2BrightSparks not realising that there was another set.

I don't know whether this was due to a change in the way schedules are created between SyncBackSE versions, or an artefact of the SyncBackSE upgrade process, or due somehow to the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Anyway, it's worth making quite sure that you don't have groups of identical schedules created in different areas of Task Scheduler.

Rob

dartmin

Postby dartmin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:08 am

Swapna has helped with mine

it looks like i had the wrong settings

not recommended enabling the 'Indefinitely' option
Note that conflicts can occur if the ‘Recurrence’ and ‘Repeat’ intervals are not configured correctly.

Seems to be working now for the last couple of days

=D>

lollies

Postby lollies » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:55 am

I've got exactly the same problem, since the upgrade from SE to Pro I've been getting all my profiles aborted with the same error that others in this thread have reported, "Critical Error: The profile is already running or is due to run". The same config worked fine when it was running under SE.

lollies

Postby lollies » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:42 am

lollies wrote:I've got exactly the same problem, since the upgrade from SE to Pro I've been getting all my profiles aborted with the same error that others in this thread have reported, "Critical Error: The profile is already running or is due to run". The same config worked fine when it was running under SE.

Figured out the problem, after upgrading from SE to Pro there were leftover bits of SE still on the system, so SE and Pro were trying to run backup tasks at the same time. Manually removing the leftover parts of SE and deleting the SE task from Task Scheduler fixed this.

Return to “SyncBackSE (commercial)”