Multiple Machine all need current version of files

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
be400

Multiple Machine all need current version of files

Post by be400 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:13 pm

New to the forum, I am and wanted to know if the SE product would work for my situation I am windows 10 based with a desktop, laptop and Synology NAS (DS218+) and often working from remote locations (3 - 4 days a week) not always with the internet connections. I would like to have all three components with the same files so that I have a backup on the Synology and can work on either machine with the latest version of the files I am using. Is the SyncBackSE the best product for this and will it work with the Synology without issues. Thanks for the advice.

ChrisE

Re: Multiple Machine all need current version of files

Post by ChrisE » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:02 pm

I needed the same thing, I use multiple computers and some off site. The way that works for me is: I set up the profiles on every computer and run a backup every 30 - 50 minutes depending on the profiles I'm running. That way my NAS always (or almost always) has the latest files. I also have my computers run the profiles at start and shutdown. On the occasion where I'm on my laptop and want to finish working on my desktop, I just run the appropriate profile to move the file to the NAS and then run the desktop to move it to the desktop.