Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

UI Issues in v9

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
jacobsee

UI Issues in v9

Post by jacobsee »

Long time user of SyncbackSE, trying out Pro for the first time to get S3 access. I'm using the trial version 9.2.12 (64-bit) on Win7-64.

1) The contrast on skipped files is so poor in the Differences window that I can scarcely read it. Almost didn't realize there was text there, thinking it was a blank white window. Clicking on each line allows me to read the text, but this is not a good workaround.

2) Tried the Win10 dark mode view and this improves the contrast in the Differences window, but in the main profiles window I can't tell which profile is the current selection. I'm used to using keyboard shortcuts which doesn't work if you can't see which profile is selected. Would prefer the original view.

Note that I've only used Synback SE up to v8, so don't know if these issues apply to SE v9, but I will not be hurrying to upgrade.

Any suggestions to improve my experience for either 1) or 2). I didn't see any similar comments after searching the forums, so maybe it is something to do with my graphics card?
sky4055

Re: UI Issues in v9

Post by sky4055 »

jacobsee wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 pm
Long time user of SyncbackSE, trying out Pro for the first time to get S3 access. I'm using the trial version 9.2.12 (64-bit) on Win7-64.

1) The contrast on skipped files is so poor in the Differences window that I can scarcely read it. Almost didn't realize there was text there, thinking it was a blank white window. Clicking on each line allows me to read the text, but this is not a good workaround.

2) Tried the Win10 dark mode view and this improves the contrast in the Differences window, but in the main profiles window I can't tell which profile is the current selection. I'm used to using keyboard shortcuts which doesn't work if you can't see which profile is selected. Would prefer the original view.

Note that I've only used Synback SE up to v8, so don't know if these issues apply to SE v9, but I will not be hurrying to upgrade.

Any suggestions to improve my experience for either 1) or 2). I didn't see any similar comments after searching the forums, so maybe it is something to do with my graphics card?
I share your opinion, the DARK theme provided by default does not offer enough contrast. Is there any plan to improve it, it would be very much appreciated.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: UI Issues in v9

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please send some screenshots showing the problem to [email protected] for investigation.

Do not post screenshots on this open forum.

Thank you