Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

OneDrive Mirror Optimization

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
angerthosenear

OneDrive Mirror Optimization

Post by angerthosenear »

Been trying to figure out how to optimize OneDrive backups (using Mirror). I'm backing up a few hundred gigs of files.

No changes are made in OneDrive directly nor from other sources. Only SyncBack is modifying the files. This makes it a bit different from other threads I've found.

I was looking at this thread to try and get some insight.
viewtopic.php?t=12083
"To get around such limitations, SyncBackPro builds a local database to store the files' details which it cannot store on the cloud service. When the profile runs again the next time it will use the cloud database to identify the file differences at your Source and Destination.
I'm still unsure if the "Retrieve a list of all the files and folders then filter" should be enabled or not. It doesn't seem necessary since the difference between the files on disk and the local DB that SyncBack uses would be enough to know what files need to be added, deleted, overwritten.

I've poked around trying to find any other settings, but that seems to be the only one. Any insight would be wonderful.

Thanks!
morice
Advanced
Advanced

Re: OneDrive Mirror Optimization

Post by morice »

angerthosenear wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:58 pm
No changes are made in OneDrive directly nor from other sources.
I gather that you're using 'Fast Backup' ? If not then you should be.
Some recommended reading behind the [?Help] button on its respective tabs.
I'm still unsure if the "Retrieve a list of all the files and folders then filter" should be enabled or not.
It seems likely that this option is simply ignored/unused when using Fast Backup.