Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

(Source) FTP > (Destination) Local Drive, Zipped

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
unarmedgold

(Source) FTP > (Destination) Local Drive, Zipped

Post by unarmedgold »

Hello,

I'm evaluating SycBackPro, with the hopes of buying it. I'm trying to backup Linux server files via SFTP on a local drive in zip files. I can't seem to get it going.

When I run my profile, without compression, all files are found and backed up locally as expected.

When I turn on (expert) Compression > "Compress the files on FTP into a Zip file" no files are found. This setting sounds like it might be referring to FTP as a destination, which is not my scenario, but I can't find any other setting location where I would enable Zipping things on the destination.

Help greatly appreciated! I'm so close to buying this program :)
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: (Source) FTP > (Destination) Local Drive, Zipped

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

In SyncBackPro, if you select a non-standard resource (FTP, Cloud, Compression, Encryption etc.,) on one side (Source) then you can only select standard resource (local drive or network path) on the other side this is by the internal design aspects.

You can refer to this KB article for more details:
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000336172

Therefore, if your Source is an FTP then you cannot have compression/encryption enabled on the opposite side (that means it is not possible to copy files from FTP and store them as compressed/encrypted on your local drive).

However, you can achieve this by creating 2 profiles:
1. Create a Profile to backup files from your FTP to a temporary folder on your local drive without enabling compression/encryption options.

2. Create a second Profile to backup files from temporary folder (created in step 1) to your backup location with compression and encryption enabled.

3. Create a Group and add the above two profiles as members to the group, so that when Group is run those 2 profiles runs in a sequence.

Thank you.