Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Mirror only select directories to OneDrive / proper filter usage

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
telljcl

Mirror only select directories to OneDrive / proper filter usage

Post by telljcl »

I've got a local drive I'm mirroring to OneDrive.

Main local folder is: \JPG Photos\

Under this are many subdirectories named like this: 19-01, 19-02, etc... (19 for year, 1 for month etc..)

So I have \JPG Photos\01-1 through 19-03 at this point.

It takes forever to sync all photos (60,000 plus), though it does work if you can wait it out.

So I'd like to be able to put a profile together that just looks at sub-folders starting with "19", which would sync only the newer / recent photos.

So I've tried a filter which seems to select only the 19xx folders (using 19* in the filter setup), but it still takes forever because SB Pro still looks through all folders on OneDrive for some reason - even the 01, 02, 03 etc... folders, when I just want it to mirror the 19* directories w/out affecting the sub directories on OneDrive that are other than 19, and not to look at local files unless they are in a 19* directory.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for any help.
telljcl

Re: Mirror only select directories to OneDrive / proper filter usage

Post by telljcl »

... So I see under Cloud>Advanced, there is a tick box "Retrieve a list of all files and folders, then filter (usually faster)" which is "Ticked" by default.

Unticked this and it works as I would have expected.

Might be faster to do my complete mirror operations (all directories / files) this way?