Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Error - Exception: EldOSSLUnderlyingCryptoError

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
ardie

Error - Exception: EldOSSLUnderlyingCryptoError

Post by ardie »

When I try to connect to my S3 compatible (minio) service, I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

Error (SyncBackPro V8)

Exception: EldOSSLUnderlyingCryptoError.Error
connecting with SSL.
error:1409442E:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert
protocol version
Screenshot of error attached.

I can connect to this S3 instance without issue with mino client, ARQ backup, Iperius backup, S3 browser, etc.... without issue with the same settings.
Attachments
snip.jpg
snip.jpg (38.35 KiB) Viewed 5257 times
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Error - Exception: EldOSSLUnderlyingCryptoError

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please change the 'Communication encryption to use' to 'TLS V1.2' under:

Modify > Expert > Cloud > Advanced page

and re-run the profile to see if it helps?

Thank you.
ardie

Post by ardie »

I think we have a chicken & egg problem ... There seems to be no way to get to Cloud > Advanced as the profile has to be saved first, and I cant save the profile because it says I need to select a bucket, but that's when I get the SSL error.

I managed to get to the Profile Setup window with the Expert option in the left menu by filling in S3 settings and hitting Done, but then I cant click Expert because of the same "You must select a cloud bucket/container" message.

If I temporarily uncheck "Amazon S3 files are on a cloud storage server" , I can then go to Expert>Cloud>Advanced, but since I unchecked the S3 box all the settings are greyed out.
snip1.JPG
snip1.JPG (19.12 KiB) Viewed 5231 times

If I put the check back in the S3 box, I cannot get back to "Advanced" because of the "must select a bucker" message.
snip2.JPG
snip2.JPG (37.85 KiB) Viewed 5231 times
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please set the option 'Default communication encryption to use with cloud services' to TLS V1.2 from:

SyncBackPro main-window > Preferences > Options > Expert tab

and recreate the profile to see if it helps?

If it still fails, submit a support ticket to [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you.
ardie

Post by ardie »

It's already set to v1.2 in this area. I've also tried setting it to 1.1 and 1.0 and it returns the same error mentioned in the original post.