Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Did not Decrypt on Restore!

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
rgmvmm1944

Did not Decrypt on Restore!

Post by rgmvmm1944 »

Did not Decrypt on Restore! Am I Doing something wrong? Or do I have the wrong settings in the profile?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Did not Decrypt on Restore!

Post by cliffhanger »

HI, given that you've provided no details of your profile settings whatsoever, hard to say. My guess would be that you haven't configured the Compression / Encryption settings properly (or at all; if you don't tell SB the files you are asking it to process are using Compression, it will treat .zip (etcetera) files as 'just another file type' (no extra work to do) and will copy Zips back 'as is', i.e still Compressed/Encrypted). I'm guessing in this direction because any errors in Encryption (more accurately decryption) such as 'wrong password' would generate errors which you would presumably have mentioned/quoted...

If you're still having difficulty, I suggest raise a support ticket with 2BS (see 'front door' page to Pro forum for link) and send them a copy profile (Export profile to desktop / cut & paste to email) and if possible a small compr/encr sample backed-up file for testing with. It's a long process to troubleshoot via correspondence back and forth and a copy profile makes life much easier, likewise having a sample encrypted data file to test with.

Do not attach (nor link to) copy-profiles here in this open forum.
rgmvmm1944

Post by rgmvmm1944 »

I meant Decompress. the files are all still zipped when restored
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

cliffhanger wrote: My guess would be that you haven't configured the Compression / Encryption settings [of the profile you are using] properly (or at all; if you don't tell SB the files you are asking [the profile] to process are using Compression, it will treat .zip (etcetera) files as 'just another file type' (no extra work to do) and will copy Zips back 'as is', i.e still Compressed/Encrypted).
The Compression settings are on

Modify profile > Expert mode > Compression - make sure at least the top checkbox is selected. If your original backup used advanced compression formats you may need to enter the appropriate settings in the other sections on that settings page.

cliffhanger wrote: If you're still having difficulty, I suggest raise a support ticket with 2BS (see 'front door' page to Pro forum for link) and send them a copy profile (Export profile to desktop / cut & paste to email) and if possible a small compr/encr sample backed-up file for testing with. It's a long process to troubleshoot via correspondence back and forth and a copy profile makes life much easier, likewise having a sample encrypted data file to test with.

Do not attach (nor link to) copy-profiles here in this open forum.