Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Gibberish where text should be

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
NginUS
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Gibberish where text should be

Post by NginUS »

I run Windows 10 Home in a VirtualBox VM on a linux host. This one day I decided to turn the CPU execution cap from 100% to 75%. Soon after starting the VM with this setting, it started to display everything on the screen all kinds of jumbled up. It was like those old video game cartridges when there was dust in them or they weren't seated properly & had bad connections. Also at this time, SBP began displaying the gibberish where the network communications status text should be.

Immediately I think about corrupt data being inadvertently written to disk, so I shut down immediately.

I've since reverted that VM from a backup, & started again with the SBP job. The only files I kept from the corrupted VM were the SBP profiles it exports at exit, & a couple scripts.

Today despite having restored to a backup that hadn't been affected by the scrambled video mess, I see again the gibberish on SBP. Not sure how this can be. Maybe the profiles caused it? I have no idea.

I could use a hand here, would rather not have to rebuild the whole OS & apps & all all over again.

Screenshot:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (69.8 KiB) Viewed 5132 times
NginUS
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Gibberish where text should be

Post by NginUS »

Is it safe to assume based on the lack of reply here that no one's experienced this kind of mess mine's in?

I guess I'll have to reinstall the OS. :-(
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Note that your copy of SyncBackPro V6 is outdated. I suggest testing with SyncBackPro V8 version to see if it helps. If you still experience issues, submit a support zip with debug logs of the profile run for further investigation.

Full instructions for creating and submitting the support zip are given here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... les/213970

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

You can download and install SyncBackPro V8 from here, and click on ‘Evaluate’ button to use the 30-days trial:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe

If you do decide to purchase, the serial number will convert the 'trial' to the 'registered' version.

Thank you
sherro45

Post by sherro45 »

NginUS wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:48 pm
I run Windows 10 Home in a VirtualBox VM on a linux host. This one day I decided to turn the CPU execution cap from 100% to 75%. Soon after starting the VM with this setting, it started to display everything on the screen all kinds of jumbled up. It was like those old video game cartridges when there was dust in them or they weren't seated properly & had bad connections. Also at this time, SBP began displaying the gibberish where the network communications status text should be.

Immediately I think about corrupt data being inadvertently written to disk, so I shut down immediately.

I've since reverted that VM from a backup, & started again with the SBP job. The only files I kept from the corrupted VM were the SBP profiles it exports at the exit, & a couple of scripts.

Today despite having restored to a backup that hadn't been affected by the scrambled video mess, I see again the gibberish on SBP. Not sure how this can be. Maybe the profiles caused it? I have no idea.

I could use a hand here, would rather not have to rebuild the whole OS & apps & all over again. https://technologywell.com/gta-vice-city-apk/

Screenshot:
Untitled.png
This happen will be as well :(