Filter file types for synchronization?

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
SyncBawse

Filter file types for synchronization?

Postby SyncBawse » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:17 am

Hello,

I just started using SyncBack Pro V8 for the sole purpose of being able to backup and synchronize files between my backup drives and my Amazon Drive account. The files in question are my Raw and processed photography image files. I have the unlimited photo file backup with Amazon but the folders where the files are stored are mixed between the various images files (RAW, JPEG, PNG) and the color profile and cache files of my image editing software. I would like to backup just the specific image file types and not include any other file associations. Can syncback do this?

Thanks

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Filter file types for synchronization?

Postby Swapna » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:08 am

Hi,

Yes, it’s possible. You need to add inclusion filters to upload specific file types to Amazon Drive. Please refer to this forum post for additional details:

https://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=11795

Thank you.

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Filter file types for synchronization?

Postby cliffhanger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:53 am

Note that the example Swapna linked to uses a common folder for all photo file types (because that is what that OP seemed to want, judging by his phrasing). Your phrasing is a little more general, so...

If you want to segregate into \RAW\, \JPEG\ & \PNG\ folders, you need three profiles - each profile dedicated to filtering-in one type/extension/ Each of these profiles would have the same common Source path, but have separate/dedicated Destination paths pointing to the unique folder(s) necessary for segregation by file-extension. Naturally they would also all have slightly different Filters (by file extension) to perform any required segregation you want.

If you do need to use multiple profiles, you can create (and add them to) a Group profile, which you can then use to run (Schedule, etc) all 3 individual profiles with one action. They will run sequentially by default, which is the recommended method.

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”