Filename-encryption + disconnects

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
loosa2

Filename-encryption + disconnects

Postby loosa2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:30 am

Hello Gentlemen,

I am planning tu use filename-encryption for doing a backup of a 150 GB dataset to a network drive, which is accessed through internet. Filename-encryption with your program is only possible through merging the whole dataset into one zip-file, which is basically a nice and clear principle. But, my testruns unveiled, that a connectivity interruption willl corrupt the whole zip-file, no matter if its being created or updated. Im pretty sure i can do circumvent this issue for the initial upload by creating the zip-file locally and then upload it, change the target of the encryption job and be done. But the issue then remains for the updating process.

For uploads without filename-encryption, resuming after disconnect seems to be no problem, so i hope there is some solution.

If this issue is unsolvable, do you have any workarounds?

Thanks, Fabian

loosa2

Re: Filename-encryption + disconnects

Postby loosa2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 am

Some follow-up:

Even if i cancel the uploading process manually by pressing the stop button, the file will get corrupted. I dont think this is the expected behaviour. Error message is in all cases: "Central directory locator corrupted or not found"

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Filename-encryption + disconnects

Postby Swapna » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 am

Hi,

Please submit a support zip (with debug logs) of your profile run for investigation.

Full instructions for creating and submitting the support zip are given here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowledgebase/articles/213970-creating-a-debug-information-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”