Help with Syncronization

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
SAUA

Help with Syncronization

Postby SAUA » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 am

Hi.
I´m new here and never used syncbackpro before. I read some reviews and want to try the program. But my dubts are about how to use the program.
I have a HD with Documents, music etc. But I also have another HD just for Backup and also an external HD for Backup. I copied the files from my manin drive manually, but it spends a lot of time and sometimes I forget to copy some things.
So, I read that Syncback does it. But I want to know how it works.
I want to keep all my data on the main drive, and also on the Backup drives. If I delete and/or create something on the main drive, the same will happen on my both Backup Drives (but not reversed if possible). I don´t want to run everything in real time, just once a week.
Can Syncback do it for me?
Thanks for any help.

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Help with Syncronization

Postby Swapna » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:54 am

Hi,

I want to keep all my data on the main drive, and also on the Backup drives. If I delete and/or create something on the main drive, the same will happen on my both Backup Drives

You need to create 2 Mirror profiles in SyncBackPro to backup files to two different backup drives. A Mirror profile type in SyncBack will copy all new/changed files within scope from your Source (not otherwise de-selected/limited/filtered-out) to Destination and delete files/folders on Destination which are deleted on the Source, thereby making both Source/Destination a 'Mirror/1-to-1' set of each other (with more or less same sizes on the Source and Destination).

Please refer to this article for the detailed steps to install and create your first profile in SyncBackPro:

https://www.2brightsparks.com/resources ... setup.html

However, when selecting the profile type, please remember to select Mirror type (instead of Backup in the 3rd screen of the Profile creation wizard).

I don't want to run everything in real time, just once a week.

You can create a schedule task for your profile to run it automatically at the scheduled date/time once a week under:

Modify Profile > Expert > When > Edit Schedule settings page

then select Weekly at the top of the window and tick the check box next to the day you want to run the profile (e.g. Mon/Tue/Wed etc.,). You can also configure the date/time of your schedule task as per the requirement.

Thank you.

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”