For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
amartinez
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Versioning

Postby amartinez » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:04 pm

What I want:
- a folder with subfolders containing files to go to AWS S3
- if the profile runs again, the same folder/file structure (by name only) get pushed to AWS but the ones already there go to the $SBV$ folder (created by syncbackpro?)
- 7 versions of each file to be kept at one time

What I've done
- Normal backup (not fast)
- create a profile, link to source folder with subfolders/files and to AWS folder
- enable versioning "on AWS only" 7 files for 14 days

What is happening
- runs first time no problem
- run the profile repeatedly and the files are never re-copied over
- no version folder popping up on AWS

the thing is I had this working 6 months ago for test with all my versions working... but have since removed those profiles/files/folders on aws/syncnbackpro

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Versioning

Postby cliffhanger » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:07 pm

amartinez wrote: - runs first time no problem
- run the profile repeatedly and the files are never re-copied over
- no version folder popping up on AWS

What differences are there between the files originally copied up to S3 and the files on Source on run #2 (#3, #4, etc)? Because if there are no (obvious...) differences, they won't be re-uploaded (because they match the S3-side files already, as far as the routine Compare Options can tell). If the S3-side files are not replaced (or deleted), they won't be Versioned, and if there are no Versions present/created, then there will be no $SBV$ folder (it's created when needed, deleted when not).

If there are no differences, perhaps if you explain why you want 7 identical copies of the S3-side file/s?

Are these actually changed-content but no external indications of that (LastModified stamp, Size and Windows file attributes all unchanged)?

amartinez
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Versioning

Postby amartinez » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:30 am

My bad: I was testing my different runs on the same files thinking it would version them irrespective of no changes. On testing with changed files it works as expected. Thanks for you help

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”