Issue with deleting extension-only files

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
Engztrom
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Issue with deleting extension-only files

Postby Engztrom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:38 pm

If I configure a profile to prompt me to delete folders only in destination (if run attended), then SyncBackPro fails to delete those folders that contains a file with only an extension but no name (in my case ".crc").
All other files in the folder are deleted, but since it fails to delete the ".crc" file the folder will also remain.

It seems to be a problem for SyncBackPro to recognize such files as deletable, even though they are backuped correctly.

I run SyncbackPro V8.3.6.0 (x64).

Regards,
/Mikael

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Issue with deleting extension-only files

Postby Swapna » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:42 am

Hi,

Please submit a support zip (with debug logs) of your profile run for investigation.

Full instructions for creating and submitting the support zip are given here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.

Engztrom
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Issue with deleting extension-only files

Postby Engztrom » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:00 pm

As Swapna pointed out in a direct reply this was a configuration issue and not a bug.
(My mistake: I had configured my profile to only delete target-only files that were more than 7 days old, which also applies to delete selections done in the preview dialog for "attended" profile runs).

But it would be nice if there was an option in the preview dialog (i.e. only when running a profile in "attended" mode) to temporarily ignore the configured delete protection timespan. Then it would be possible to explicitly cleanup target-only files or folders also in recent backups, without having to change the profile settings, or wait the number of configured protection days.

Thanks for your excellent help and support!

Best Regards,
Mikael

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”