Onedrive rename folder

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
benji791

Onedrive rename folder

Postby benji791 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:45 am

Hello,

I am trying Syncback pro 8.3.6 to sync my personal onedrive with a network folder. I use the delfault profile settings excel that I don't filter / select files. I am running into an issue when I rename a folder in onedrive website. I have a folder D1 with 2 files (F1 and F2). When I rename it to D2 I receive 4 deltas that are wrongly interpreted by syncback I think. The four deltas are :
- Delete F1
- Delete F2
- Delete D1
- Create D2
As a result I get and empty D2 whereas it has got the 2 files inside in onedrive. I have tried with and without rename tracking and the results are the same.

Here is what microsoft api documentation says : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedri ... item_delta
The parentReference property on items will not include a value for path. This occurs because renaming a folder does not result in any descendants of the folder being returned from delta. When using delta you should always track items by id.

Might be the reason?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Onedrive rename folder

Postby Kostas » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:22 am

Hi,

We'll have a look into the issue. In the meantime you can disable the use of delta info by enabling the option "Do not use the delta API" under:
Modify > Expert > Cloud > Advanced settings page

Since you are a SyncBackPro V8 user in the future please send an email to support@2brightsparks.com for a faster response.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

benji791

Postby benji791 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:03 am

Hello,

thank you for your answer. Yes I've tried the Do not use the delta API and it doesn't have this but it's unsuitable for my situation. I want to use syncback as an alternative to onedrive client to keep in sync my NAS and my onedrive. So I want to keep sync period below 5 minutes. With the do not use delta, it takes 30 minutes before starting to sync.

I haven't used the support email because I'm still trying syncback and haven't bought yet a license. This is the only issue I want to solve before validating this solution for my and buying it.

Regards,

Benjamin

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Postby cliffhanger » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:05 am

Hi, you can submit pre-sales questions/problems to the support email provided you are asking about Pro's (or SE's) current version. From their POV it makes a sale more likely :wink:

It also makes life easier if 2BS can safely ask you to provide debug info, for example. This might give them clues where something is going awry, thus a solution is more likely. I recommend giving it a try.

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”