Profile - Run when Program Stops

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
bgalm

Profile - Run when Program Stops

Postby bgalm » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Good afternoon all,
I am using SBP v8.3.6.0 on Windows 10 CE x64. I recently moved over to x64 versions of Vivaldi and Firefox. I have SB profiles setup to backup their data folders when I close the browser. For the profile, under When, I select Program and then 'Run this profile when any of the programs stop'. For Vivaldi this would be :

C:\Users\(my account)\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe

This setup was working great when using x86 versions of the browser. The profile would kick off when I closed the browser as expected. Now that I have moved to x64, each browser spawns tons of extra processes w/the same name, e.g. vivaldi.exe. Some of the extra processes are for new tabs, etc. As these processes close, it kicks off the profile so it ends up running over and over.

Is there any trick/option to have SB not run the profile until ALL of the processes are closed ? This way if vivaldi.exe was listed multiple times, SB would only run when the very last one closed.

Thank you for any help/input/tips that you may have.

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Profile - Run when Program Stops

Postby cliffhanger » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:23 am

Is there by any chance a copy of vivaldi.exe in the C:\Program Files\... path? If so, it might be the last thread to close, and telling SB to monitor that instance (instead of the \AppData\ instances) might help?

Sorry, but I run 32-bit Firefox (for compatibility with something else) and don't plan to install any other browsers (because they are not compatible with the 'something else' at all), so I'm not in a position to test here...

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”