Dropbox sync - migrating v1 to v2

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
td1

Dropbox sync - migrating v1 to v2

Postby td1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:35 am

Hi there,

I've just followed the steps found in this article - I think I've followed them correctly :oops:

I've found though that the profile wants to resync all data from the source to Dropbox. It seems to be reading the date of when a file was uploaded to Dropbox as the files modified datetime stamp instead of the source datetime value which is accurate.

Is there anyway to change this datetime behaviour with Dropbox synchronisation?

Thanks!

td1

Re: Dropbox sync - migrating v1 to v2

Postby td1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Sorry - This is the KB article I referred to (but not linked) in the OP :oops:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... box-v2-api

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Swapna » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:50 am

Hi,

1. Run the profile in manual mode (using ctrl + R)

2. When the Differences Window is displayed, mass-select all identical files (using Ctrl and Shift keys with mouse clicks)

3. Right click and choose 'Use details from Source' to copy properties from one side to another (this action copies meta-data of a file but not its contents to the opposite side).

When you mass-select files from Differences Window, you should select files that exist on both sides (with identical contents, but differ only in the file properties), otherwise the ‘Use details from Source’ option will not be visible in the pop-up menu (in other words, if that option is not visible in the pop-up menu, that means you have accidentally selected a file that is only on one side). You can use the Filters menu on the Differences Window to filter the file list.

4. Continue the profile run

5. Once the profile run is completed, re-run the profile again to see if it works?

Thank you.

td1

Postby td1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:35 am

Swapna wrote:When you mass-select files from Differences Window, you should select files that exist on both sides (with identical contents, but differ only in the file properties), otherwise the ‘Use details from Source’ option will not be visible in the pop-up menu (in other words, if that option is not visible in the pop-up menu, that means you have accidentally selected a file that is only on one side). You can use the Filters menu on the Differences Window to filter the file list.

This may be the point of difference thanks! The profile is ~69,000 files (~450gb) however since the v1 API was shutdown there were ~500 new files on the source.

FWIW the option to "Use details from source" only appeared after I selected "Prompt me now" and I could then choose that option and clicked "Always apply". That seemed to have the sequence update info on the files instead of attempting to upload them again. It then re-prompted again but for the 500 new files which I selected copy to Dropbox and now re-runs of the profile run without any collisions etc.

Thanks heaps :)

td1

Postby td1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:05 am

Just to confirm that point, I had another profile with a different fileset also needing to be migrated v1->v2 API. This fileset had no changes and yes, select all then right-click had the "Use details from source" option as documented so the inclusion of new files on the source appears to be where it came unstuck for me.

Thanks again

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”