duplicate SB Task Scheduler entries

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
John59224
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

duplicate SB Task Scheduler entries

Postby John59224 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:00 am

I was having an issue with all profiles instantly going to status: aborted (with no log saved) , weather they ran as scheduled , or if i manally ran them via right click. (running SBP v 8.2.11.0)

(this started happening after all running fine for nearly 2 years),

so i did import profile (for each of my 5x profiles) from the syncback auto saved profile backups (the ones in AppData).

This resolved the all profiles instantly going to Aborted , but im now noticing in Task Scheduler there are duplicates of each schuleded profile (see img attached).

Should i do anything about this?
(note, none of my profiles access network shares in anyway, all backup local files , to local DST, or local files to a sFTP dst)

Thanks

SBPe.JPG
SBPe.JPG (81.24 KiB) Viewed 671 times

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: duplicate SB Task Scheduler entries

Postby Swapna » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:54 am

Hi,

Have you renamed the existing profiles in SyncBackPro before importing them from App data folder?

If so, the schedule task with the name ‘SyncBackPro XXXXX’ will be pointing to your renamed profile, and the task without ‘SyncBackPro’ keyword to your newly imported profile. Although the profile names are different, the source & destination locations, the set of files to backup are same in the renamed and newly imported profile, so it may cause issues if the schedule tasks are triggered at the same time. Therefore, if your newly imported profiles are working fine then I would suggest you to delete your old profiles to avoid conflicts.

Thank you.

John59224
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby John59224 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Swapna wrote:Hi,

Have you renamed the existing profiles in SyncBackPro before importing them from App data folder?

If so, the schedule task with the name ‘SyncBackPro XXXXX’ will be pointing to your renamed profile, and the task without ‘SyncBackPro’ keyword to your newly imported profile. Although the profile names are different, the source & destination locations, the set of files to backup are same in the renamed and newly imported profile, so it may cause issues if the schedule tasks are triggered at the same time. Therefore, if your newly imported profiles are working fine then I would suggest you to delete your old profiles to avoid conflicts.

Thank you.

>> I would suggest you to delete your old profiles to avoid conflicts.

(I only have 5x profiles in SBP, as you can see from the ScreenShot)

to try to figure out which is which in Task schedule, i went into SBP and for each of the 5x profiles, i changed their scheudled time to add 5 minutes to it (it from 11:00p to 11:05p) so that hopefully i could then see in task sch, which ones are active/real, which ones are old or otherwise wrong.

problem is, now all 8x task scheduler entires show the new + 5m time... so clearly its SBP that is adding or modifing duplicate schedules to task sch.

so what should i do?
(i wouldnt care about the duplciates in task sch., but as of this duplicate task sch. issue, ive been seeing failed or other random issues on these 5x profiles, when they had been running fine for years).

btw, i think this maybe related to me foolishly upgrading from v7 to v8 a few weeks ago (which i upgraded to bc i was hoping to be able to use B2 backblaze cloud backup) - so maybe that will help diag. this issue.

UPDATE: wow this is all messed up.... on one profile, when i update the time to add 5m, it updates one of the task sch entires, BUT IN SBP it still shows next run is at 2:00am. if i then change its schuedle AGAIN in SBP, it now updates the 2nd task scheduler entry. its as if SBP is really linking to 2x task sch entries per SBP profile, but one , one time, and one another. see updated SS

In SS, i have already changed the 11:07 profile from 11:00p (so it updated the task sch to 11:07), but there is still a 11:35 entry.... IF I NOW, in SBP change the 11:07 to 11:12p it will update the task sch 11:35 entry to 11:12 , but leave the 11:07 task sch entry at 11:07.

if for a 3rd time, i change SBP 11:12p to 11:18p, it will change the 11:07p to 11:18p (but leave the 2nd entry at 11:12p still).

im sure this is hard to follow, but its a mess, and i think its why i started having failed profiles after v7 to v8 update. so pls help SBP support

SBPsch.JPG
SBPsch.JPG (43.76 KiB) Viewed 618 times

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Swapna » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:25 pm

Hi,

Can you please send those 5 profiles and a screen shot of SyncBackPro's main-window to support@2BrightSparks.com for investigation?

Do not post (or link to) profiles on this open forum.

Thank you.

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”