Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

"Trick" to delete NAS files??

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
rstark18

"Trick" to delete NAS files??

Post by rstark18 »

Is there anyway to "trick" SyncBack into deleting files on my NAS that I am not backing up/syncing/mirroring from?
What I want to do:
I have a folder that gets security camera stills and video on my NAS. I want that folder to delete any files older than X number of days. The files come directly from the cameras and are not being backed, synced or mirrored.
Can Syncback be used to accomplish this?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: "Trick" to delete NAS files??

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please read this forum post for more details:

viewtopic.php?t=12864&p=48760#p48760

Thank you
rstark18

Post by rstark18 »

EXCELLENT! This is the "trick" I was looking for. The post you pointed to was not the answer though. Your post that was linked in that thread is the one I was looking for (and the one you probably meant).
Your post with the answer I was looking for:
viewtopic.php?t=11761&p=45310#p45310
aquilatheeagle

Post by aquilatheeagle »

Does anyone have the updated link to that Post that is the answer here? The main link isn't working . .
rstark18

Post by rstark18 »

aquilatheeagle wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:49 pm
Does anyone have the updated link to that Post that is the answer here? The main link isn't working . .
Not sure why that post isn't available but basically what I did to accomplish what I wanted:

Keep an empty folder on the PC that mirrors to a folder on the NAS. This same folder on the NAS is where my security cam files are written.
Under Settings>Decisions-Files do what's in the screen shot. File will be purged every 14 days.