no differences found?

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
allitnils

no differences found?

Post by allitnils » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:12 am

i'm trying to use syncback pro to sync files between a file server, and a sharepoint shared directory.
i'm using the network connection details for the "source" (my sharepoint share) and testing connection says 'success'.

The destination tested has been both a network share, or a file path within the same computer, ie: c:\managed\sync

The network share looks as follows:
\\path\to\server\DavWWWRoot\t111\Shared Documents\
or if using SSL:
\\path\to\server@SSL\DavWWWRoot\t111\Shared Documents\

without using ssl, i get the error "No differences found", 1 file(s) cound not be copied, deleted, or compressed. see the log file for more information.
And in the error log, Scan failed (5): Access is denied

if I AM using ssl, the simulation simply fails saying "cannot connect to source: the operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated".

can you please advise what could be going wrong? shouldn't the network connection details for source be used? i'm using under advanced, i've ticked "do not try my current username and password", so that the specified credentials are used instead.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: no differences found?

Post by Conrad Chung » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:16 am

Hi, we have responded to you in a parallel support ticket. Just a reminder, WebDAV is not supported in SyncBackPro.

However, if other users who have managed to get Pro to work with WebDAV and would like to chime in, please feel free.