OneDrive files copied every time!

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
Engztrom
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

OneDrive files copied every time!

Postby Engztrom » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Running SyncBackPro V8.1.1.0 (64-bit) with an imported OneDrive Personal cloud storage profile from V7.

I went through the legacy profile conversion procedure (did that with the first V8 release) and deleted the file database, but couldn't select
"Use details from Source" since that option was not available when all files were selected.
(It was only available when a few files were selected at a time, but I have too many files to go through them individually, so instead I deleted all files from OneDrive and started over the backup from scratch).

Since the entire backup takes 4 days to complete I have to abort it before it is ready and continue the next day, but when I do that it re-copies a lot of the files (but not all) that were successfully copied the last time I ran the profile...

And if I uncheck "Do not use the delta-API" then it copies ALL files every time, else only "a lot" but not all.
(Although I haven't tried using the delta API with V8.1.1.0, only with the first V8 release).

Any ideas?

Regards,
/Mikael

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: OneDrive files copied every time!

Postby Kostas » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:17 am

Hi Mikael,

I've tried to reproduce this but over here but it works as expected. Trying to abort an operation will affect only the current upload, the rest are marked properly in the cloud DB which tracks the changes and SyncBackPro doesn't offer those files for re-upload and they don't show up in the differences' form either.

If you can reproduce this with a small set of files (less than 10 files) then please submit a support ticket by using the Contact Support in the below link in this article and attach the zip.
http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Engztrom
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Engztrom » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:31 pm

I might add that my cloud backup is compressed and encrypted, and it seems to be only the largest zip-files (over 100 MB or so) that are redundantly copied every time I run the profile. Could it be a timestamp mismatch for large files?

(Busy today, but will try to reproduce it with a smaller set of files when I have time...)

Thanks,
/Mikael

Engztrom
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Engztrom » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:15 pm

(Sorry for the delay, but I have been very busy lately...)

I have tried to run with a smaller selection of the redundant files, but then it works, then the files are only copied once!
But then I ran the original selection in debug mode, and this is what the difference screen says:

Debug run - differences (shrinked 70%).jpg
Debug run - differences (shrinked 70%).jpg (306.76 KiB) Viewed 2265 times

Here's a snapshot from OneDrive, before the profile was run:

Debug run - OneDrive (shrinked 70%).jpg
Debug run - OneDrive (shrinked 70%).jpg (82.31 KiB) Viewed 2265 times

If I interpret the difference window correctly it seems like the date and time on source and target files are equal for the files
that are redundantly copied, but not the file size!
(Since the files on target are zipped I assume what's displayed here is the size if the files would be unzipped, and I also assume
the files are copied in a different order than what's displayed in the difference windows, since the copy started with the file
\D\Media\Bilder\2007\070908\S6000018.AVI.zip).

I let the profile run and copy a few files (all of them already on OneDrive):

Debug run - Running (shrinked 70%).jpg
Debug run - Running (shrinked 70%).jpg (50.12 KiB) Viewed 2265 times

Then I aborted the profile and created a debug zip with the Support Wizard.
Should I send that debug zip to you as a support ticket?
(It is 38 MB).

Regards,
/Mikael

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Kostas » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:39 am

Hi Mikael,

Please send an email to support@2brightsprarks.com so we can advise you where to upload the file. Also add the link to this forum post in your email for reference.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Engztrom
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Engztrom » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:07 pm

If anyone else has the same problem:
I have been in direct contact with 2BrightSparks. They have identified a problem and are working on a fix.

Fatboy40

Postby Fatboy40 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:20 am

Engztrom wrote:If anyone else has the same problem:
I have been in direct contact with 2BrightSparks. They have identified a problem and are working on a fix.

I'm evaluating SyncBackPro myself as a backup solution for a specific purpose and have the same problem as you (against Onedrive for Business).

Are you using the v8.2.1.0 (x64) beta?

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Kostas » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi,

We may have a new beta release tomorrow (or the day after) to address the issue regarding backing up in ZIP files and using the "Use details from source" action in the differences's form.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Engztrom
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Engztrom » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Yes, I run the latest beta.

Engztrom
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby Engztrom » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 am

Have now been testing the V8.2.5.0 beta for a few days, and it works very well with all my profiles.
Thanks Kostas!

Regards,
/Mikael

Mischmaster

Postby Mischmaster » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi,

same Problem here. I want to mirror lots of jpg to Onedrive. All files are zipped and encryted.
SyncBack is uploading and uploading without an end. When all files are up, it starts again.
It seems because of different files sizes.

What was the solution.

Running SyncBack Pro V8.2.11.0

Thanks

Mischmaster

Postby Mischmaster » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Ok, I found the "Use details from source" action in the difference window. If I select only one file or a few, I can seleclt this action. But if I select all files the action isn't there anymore. We are talking about 65.000 files.

And will the profile remember that action, or do I have to activate it everytime. Because I want to run the profile unattanded.

Thanks,

Michi

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Swapna » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:18 am

Hi,

When you mass-select files from Differences Window, you should select files that exist on both sides (with identical contents, but differ only in the file properties), otherwise the ‘Use details from Source’ option is not visible in the pop-up menu (in other words, if that option is not visible in the pop-up menu, that means you have accidentally selected a file that is only on one side). You can use the Filters menu on the Differences Window to filter the file list.

Thank you.

Mischmaster

Postby Mischmaster » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:06 am

Yes, I detected this too. It's working with the difference window and the "Use details friom Source" method.
But that's not what I want.
I want to run the OneDrive profile unattended!
Yesterday nigth I wondered, why my PC doesn't hibernate. I checked it and noticed, that SyncBack started again backing up 250GB to OneDrive, because the file sizes changed again. Not good.
Is the problem of the different file sizes, because I'm useing encrypted ZIP files?
If so, I have to use another encrypting method like Boxcryptor.

Thanks,

Michael

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Swapna » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:43 am

Hi,

Looks like, the cloud database (created/updated by SyncBackPro in the previous profile run) was corrupted, hence the issue. Can you please try these steps to delete & rebuild the cloud database:

- Make a copy of your OneDrive profile (select the profile in the main window, right-click on the profile and select Copy from the pop-up menu and give the copy a new name

- Modify your original profile > Expert > Cloud > click on Delete DB

- Run the profile in manual mode, when the Differences Window is displayed, mass-select files that exist on both sides and select ‘Use details from Source’ option to recreate the database

- Once the profile run is completed, re-run the profile again to see if the issue is resolved?

Thank you.

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”