How to turn on the local database for cloud backup?

For technical support visit

How to turn on the local database for cloud backup?

Postby rsn8887 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Thank you for a great backup solution. I love SyncbackPro.

I am now backing up to the cloud (AmazonDrive). I would like to prevent Syncback Pro from re-copying any files that I have already uploaded. I know that it is possible to have SyncBackPro automatically maintain a local database so it can remember which files have been uploaded to the cloud. How I can turn on this feature and prevent SyncBackPro from re-uploading any files?

2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: How to turn on the local database for cloud backup?

Postby Kostas » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:49 am

The cloud DB is always enabled and used (there is no option to switch it on or off) for cloud storages that do not allow file metadata upload, Amazon Drive included.

Since SyncBackPro is not aware of the current state of your already uploaded files (since the cloud DB has not recorded any metadata) it will show all those files as being different and it will propose to upload them again. To get around this situation you need to do the following:

a. Run the profile in manual mode (using CTRL+R).

b. When the Differences Window is displayed, mass select all the identical files (from the Differences Window).

c. Right click and choose "Use details from Source" from the pop-up menu to copy properties (metadata) into the cloud DB. Note that this will not copy the file contents, it will only copy the meta data).

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”