Change profile type

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
LaryW
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Change profile type

Post by LaryW » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I created a backup profile but have decided I want change it to sync. Can I do that from within the backup profile or do I have to create a new sync profile from scratch?

Syncback pro v8 on windows 10

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Change profile type

Post by cliffhanger » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi, you can change profile Type within the Modify screen (right-click profile > Modify)

Check the tree on left - if there is no Type option visible to click, the Modify screen must be in Expert mode; click the Easy option (foot of tree) to switch to Easy mode, and Type will now be visible (third option down on tree). Click it, and select Synchronize from the options on the Type dialog. This will instantly switch your settings to a default 'factory-settings' Intelligent Synchronization.

Note that switching Type will immediately discard any custom (non-default) rules that you may have selected before, and will replace them with the factory-settings of the Type you just chose.

If you want to see/review/change the default rules/Actions this creates, switch back to Expert mode and go to Decisions-Files option on tree, etc. Remember you can always run Simulations if you wish to fine-tune or experiment.

LaryW
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by LaryW » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:40 pm

Unless I'm blind or doing something totally wrong I don't see "Type".

Here's a screenshot of the tree.
syncback.png
syncback.png (8.15 KiB) Viewed 1915 times

ProfileX

Post by ProfileX » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:09 am

You skipped a step, it's still in Expert mode. Click for Options, switch to Easy mode.

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:14 am

ProfileX wrote:You skipped a step, it's still in Expert mode
Not sure I did, actually
cliffhanger wrote:Check the tree on left - if there is no Type option visible to click, the Modify screen must be in Expert mode; click the Easy option (foot of tree) to switch to Easy mode, and Type will now be visible (third option down on tree)
I think maybe you did :wink:

There are two ways to change mode - one is to click the toggling entry in the tree itself (which if in Expert mode will show an Easy option, and vice versa); the other way is via Click For Options, which you found for yourself

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:21 am

@profileX
Sorry - just realised you're not the OP! :roll:
Thanks for filling in...

LaryW
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by LaryW » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:12 pm

Thank you. I misread your instructions and thought I need to be in Expert mode. I see Type now.