Onedrive File Naming Conventions

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
ira_wald

Onedrive File Naming Conventions

Postby ira_wald » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:41 pm

I created a backup script that compresses and encrypts individual files. The destination is a OneDrive synched folder. The files copy OK - and most synch. However, some files have characters in their name that are legal with Windows, but not when saved to OneDrive (for example, '#' - which is very common with some of our user's naming conventions).

I know that I can solve by compressing to a single file where I specify the name. However, the file will be so large that we will be forever synching when there are only a few changes per unit of time that really need updating.

Is there a way to specify file names to adjust to rules of the destination server? Perhaps the illegal characters from one device could be mapped into something else when moved to the other?

Thank you for your help ...

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Onedrive File Naming Conventions

Postby Swapna » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:30 am

Hi,

Sorry, but this feature is not supported with cloud services (it is only supported with FTP). However, I will pass your request to the relevant department for further review.

Thank you.

gogogadgetscott

Re: Onedrive File Naming Conventions

Postby gogogadgetscott » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Is this not the point of Expert Mode: Cloud, Advanced - Automatically translate invalid filenames?

That said, I too am having trouble with pound sign in filenames with both Onedrive and SharePoint. Even with Automatically translate invalid filenames enabled I get error "Failed to copy from Local : invalidRequest: The request is malformed or incorrect." with filenames containing pound sign. Please add pound sign to Onedrive/SharePoint translate map.

Scott

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”