Amazon Cloud Drive - Extremely Long & Slow Scanning

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
rheherh

Amazon Cloud Drive - Extremely Long & Slow Scanning

Postby rheherh » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:31 pm

I have ~200K files (~190 GB) in ACD, and my scanning takes extremely long. Right now, it's at 6 hours...

I understand that Fast Backup is not compatible with the way ACD lists its files. However, if I'm not changing files on ACD from any other methods except this one Syncback Pro profile, is there no way for Syncback to locally store a database of files after one scan, and then update that list after ever profile run? It should be able to remember what it has already changed and what exists on ACD between profile runs, as nothing should be any different than the previous time it ran the profile.

If that's not possible, is there any way I can speed up the scanning at all? 6 hours+ seems excessive for a profile that will be run every three days.

Dixit

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive - Extremely Long & Slow Scanning

Postby Dixit » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:19 pm

Im not having this issue. It scans through about 76k files for me (4.5TB of data) in about 6.5mins. Pretty much standard setup for me.

Dixit

Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Conrad Chung » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:20 am

under the profile's settings:
Modify > Expert > Cloud > Advanced

Can you check if you have "Retrieve a list of all..." option checked? If checked, can you un-check it to see if it helps to reduce the scan times?

Also, does your profile's cloud resource path point to a ACD location where a lot of files/folders are located? If so, SyncBackPro may be take more time to scan through (and compare) the data on the Cloud-side. Maybe you can try creating a new empty folder on Cloud and point your profile to that and see if it helps with the scan times?

rheherh

Postby rheherh » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:36 pm

The profile ran today at its scheduled time, and this time the scan only took an hour and a half. That's a lot more reasonable. I didn't change any settings, but will keep an eye on how long it takes to scan in the future.

yorkie

Postby yorkie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Hello,

I have some issue with Amazon Cloud Drive can not upload. :(

Return to “SyncBackPro (commercial)”