Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Amazon Cloud Drive upload speed is maxing out at 500 KBps

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
mja

Amazon Cloud Drive upload speed is maxing out at 500 KBps

Post by mja »

SyncBackPro Version 7.5.5.0

I am currently using SyncBackPro to mirror data to my Amazon Cloud Drive and am only seeing upload speeds at a max of ~512 KBps. I only have a single profile running at any one point in time. Are these speeds typical for the Amazon Cloud Drive or have I configured something incorrectly within SyncBackPro?
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive upload speed is maxing out at 500 KBps

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

The code in SyncBackPro is written to transfer data to the designated cloud service as fast as it could.

There is a bandwidth throttling option under Cloud > Advanced should the user choose to limit the bandwidth on his own - but this option is set to disabled by default.

There is nothing within SyncBackPro to intentionally slow the data transfer, nor are there options to configure so that it transfers 'faster'.

Bear in mind the transfer speed is dependent on many factors, which are outlined here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... rage-servi

Problems with cloud services occur from time to time. For example, see another forum discussion here:
http://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtop ... 15&t=11793

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
mja

Post by mja »

Thanks for the information. I verified that I am not throttling the speed within SyncBackPro. I also do not see the "Cloud service is throttling requests" message anywhere within SyncBackPro. Where would this message appear if I was receiving it?

I'm guessing that the speeds that I am seeing is the max upload speed that Amazon's servers can currently handle. I just wanted to verify that this is what other's are seeing as well.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

The throttling warning will appear in the status area above the progress bar (not appearing in my sample image):
image.jpg
image.jpg (33.78 KiB) Viewed 23518 times
Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
c141heaven

Post by c141heaven »

mja wrote:SyncBackPro Version 7.5.5.0

I am currently using SyncBackPro to mirror data to my Amazon Cloud Drive and am only seeing upload speeds at a max of ~512 KBps. I only have a single profile running at any one point in time. Are these speeds typical for the Amazon Cloud Drive or have I configured something incorrectly within SyncBackPro?

As of yesterday (June 14th) I'm getting CONSTANT throttling on Amazon Cloud Drive. It renders any attempt to use SB Pro a complete waste of time as even the smallest uploads go nowhere. This problem started after downloading a new version of Amazon cloud drive which they said was intended to replace the previous Cloud Sync application.

I don't get this on Google Drive, however, a 10gb upload is showing it will take about 8 hours, which is about 1/4 of the speed I normally get for uploads.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

c141heaven wrote:
mja wrote:SyncBackPro Version 7.5.5.0

As of yesterday (June 14th) I'm getting CONSTANT throttling on Amazon Cloud Drive. It renders any attempt to use SB Pro a complete waste of time as even the smallest uploads go nowhere. This problem started after downloading a new version of Amazon cloud drive which they said was intended to replace the previous Cloud Sync application.

I don't get this on Google Drive, however, a 10gb upload is showing it will take about 8 hours, which is about 1/4 of the speed I normally get for uploads.
Hi,

I just did a quick upload and download test and I didn't encounter any issues.
Image2.png
Image2.png (7.38 KiB) Viewed 22309 times
Image3.png
Image3.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 22309 times
You don't happen to be using the Amazon Cloud Drive (ACD) desktop application at the same time with SyncBackPro, do you? Doing so would cause too many requests from your computer to the ACD servers and as a result they will throttle your requests to a halt (SyncBackPro will receive a lot of "HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Request" responses) until the requests slow down. I would suggest shutting down the ACD desktop app before trying with SyncBackPro as it doesn't depend on the ACD desktop app anyway.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
c141heaven

Constant Throttling on Amazon Drive

Post by c141heaven »

I am not using Amazon Drive at the same time. Their new desktop application works, but is slow, and gives errors on a few files as well. It doesn't make it possible to determine which file didn't upload. Still, it's nothing like what SB Pro is doing, which is 100% throttling errors, starts at 2 seconds, and each loop (countdown shown on your screen) seems to increase by ten seconds or more, until all it's doing is counting down. I'm not sure what all the 'requests' are, but Amazon seems to think it's too many before the first file is transferred. Most of the files I'm trying to send are in the 3 to 10mb range (photos primarily).

I've uninstalled the Amazon app completely and see nothing running in the task manager or any services that seem related to it.

They are now calling this "Amazon Drive", just released a few days ago. It's version 3.5.3.52.

I tried another app someone else recommended (Cloudberry in several forms) and it works well. I also use FastGlacier to send files to AZM glacier , and can do the same with SB Pro without any errors.

It's only on the Amazon Drive where I'm having this issue.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Constant Throttling on Amazon Drive

Post by Kostas »

c141heaven wrote:I am not using Amazon Drive at the same time. Their new desktop application works, but is slow, and gives errors on a few files as well. It doesn't make it possible to determine which file didn't upload. Still, it's nothing like what SB Pro is doing, which is 100% throttling errors, starts at 2 seconds, and each loop (countdown shown on your screen) seems to increase by ten seconds or more, until all it's doing is counting down. I'm not sure what all the 'requests' are, but Amazon seems to think it's too many before the first file is transferred. Most of the files I'm trying to send are in the 3 to 10mb range (photos primarily).

I've uninstalled the Amazon app completely and see nothing running in the task manager or any services that seem related to it.

They are now calling this "Amazon Drive", just released a few days ago. It's version 3.5.3.52.

I tried another app someone else recommended (Cloudberry in several forms) and it works well. I also use FastGlacier to send files to AZM glacier , and can do the same with SB Pro without any errors.

It's only on the Amazon Drive where I'm having this issue.
Hi,

I suggest submitting a support ticket for your profile by using the Contact Support in the below link in this article and attach the zip file.
http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

There is also an ongoing thread on the Amazon forum at https://forums.developer.amazon.com/que ... o-acd.html which is related to issues with ACD.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Eracer55

Post by Eracer55 »

Almost 3 years later, and I’m having the same exact problem transferring photos to Amazon drive with SB7.12.12.0
I have a 100/100Mbps fios internet connection. And i’m seeing ~100kbps, and lots of waiting count downs.
Was a resolution found for this?